Thursday, January 26, 2017


Review: "Visibility"


I really enjoyed reading the piece by Italo Calvino "visibility", it really helped me understand some aspects of art. What jumped out the most was the fact that there were two parts to it, one is that people view art and translate it to writing and readings. The other is translated the opposite from text to imagery. this was really confusing to me at first but the more I thought about it the clearer it became. I believe that every person uses these methods in their lives, every day when we wake up in the morning we visualize what is going to happen that day or what has happened the day before. Even so much as to driving around and seeing road signs which is text we translate that to a visual. It is very clear to me, because of basketball and plays that go one during a basketball game I visualize these things. When we are in practice of on the drawing board for plays we do the same exact thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment